Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Purple Breeches

      I haven't bought new schooling breeches in a minute. Two weeks ago I hand-sewed the crotch seam of a pair of old Pipers. I'm not sure how long that my handiwork will hold up (I am not known for my sewing). I had to order a set of replacement clipper blades and Smartpak has that thing where if you spend enough money you get free shipping. And I've been wanting to try their Mid-Rise Pipers since they came out. Do I really need more reasons? This is definitely when I envy the tack whores and their ability to justify purchases with much less effort.

     Anyway, I bought a pair of the Piper Mid-Rise. They're purple. They came in last night and I'm in love already. Obviously I have yet to try them on a horse but does that really matter when purple breeches are involved? So pretty.

     In other news Mort and I got to ride outside last night (in the terrible wind). I was excited to be out there but Mort was less than pleased to be put back to some real work. Cold + two weeks of light riding = a rough ride.  Hopefully we worked through some stuff (like sometimes stopping is an option) so that tomorrow's ride will be better. It's at least supposed to be warm and sunny so that won't hurt.

2 comments:

  1. I freaking love my pipers - hope they work just as well once you're riding. =)

    ReplyDelete