Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Perfect Fall Day

     We've finally got a long stretch of that perfect fall weather.  Cool, crisp mornings followed by sunny afternoons.  It's perfect.  Since Mort had so much time off last week I decided to ease him back into things yesterday with a ride along the gravel road. 

     He, Emma and I trekked out.  The weather was wonderful and it was a fun and relaxing ride.  We did have a run-in with some crazy dogs (and children) that Mort found upsetting, but no problems other than that.  I spent a few minutes at the end of our ride playing with some baby lateral work at the walk.  I just wanted to let him work on contact and think about dressage for a little bit before he got put away. 

     Emma and I enjoyed an easy 3-mile run when we got home.  We had leftovers, so there wasn't any cooking to do.  It was a good evening enjoying the weather and relaxing.  If only every day worked out so well.  I need to clip Mort this week sometime.  We're supposed to hit the mid-seventies in the afternoons and I prefer to clip him when it's a bit warmer.  I'm going back and forth on what type of clip I'll do on him this year.  Our first year I just did a small bib/chaser clip.  Last year I did a full blanket clip.  I may just do a trace clip or a bigger chaser clip this year.  We'll find out once I start clipping I guess! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment