Friday, January 20, 2017

My Daily Schedule

My schedule changes more than I like to admit, but I’ve set up a schedule for Mort (when he doesn’t hurt himself and I don’t get sick or get busy).  Now I’ll let you all in on my schedule.  This post went around the blog community back in the fall (when I was not good about blogging at all).  Of course life changes all of the time, but ideally this is what I try to get done on a weekly basis.

A Typical Week Day
5:45 Wake-up
6:35 Leave for work
7:00-3:00 Work
3:00-3:30 Drive Home
3:45 Run (Anywhere from 15 minutes to a little over an hour depending on the day)
4:30-45 Drive to barn
5:15 Brush and tack Mort
5:30-6:30 Ride (not all days are a full hour, but many are close)
6:30-7:00 Brush/feed/clean tack/socialize
7:25 Make dinner (shower while it’s cooking)
7:45-8:00 Eat dinner and relax on couch for the evening
9:15 Go to bed (sometimes read until 9:45)

On Tuesdays I don’t run, so barn time is earlier and I try to make it a major cleaning day as far as Mort and tack go.  Wednesdays I get up at 3:15 and from 4:00-6:30 I feed and turnout all of the horses then clean all of the stalls, water, and rake the aisle.  Wednesday evenings I don’t go to the barn, but I do my long run (anything over 5 miles).  I usually have more time at home, so it’s a house cleaning day and a more complicated and/or longer dinner cooking day.  By the time Friday gets around I may cut out either running or riding depending on how the week has gone, but sometimes I still do both (or lunge). 

A Typical Weekend Day
7:30-8:30 Wake-up (we don’t set alarms, so it just happens when it happens)
8:30-9:45 Breakfast and TV (we usually do a big breakfast and watch something on Netflix)
10:00 Get ready to go to barn
10:20 Brush/tack
10:45-11:45 Ride
11:45-12:30 Brush/clean tack/socialize
12:50-1:30 Lunch/relax

Afternoons may be spent being lazy, hiking/walking with the pup and Steven, or hanging with friends.  It all depends on the weather and what we may need to accomplish.  One of the days we clean the house.  During half marathon training season I use Sunday mornings as my long run day so I lose a couple hours to that in the morning (but I also earn two breakfasts!).  Some days are slower to start (especially in the winter). 


I am very lucky to have a work day that ends at 3:00.  There are regularly days where I feel like I don’t have enough time to do everything that I want, but overall I feel pretty well-off on my schedule.  I am not jealous of the other bloggers out there who have over an hour drive to their barn, or those who don’t get off work until 5:00pm.  This is my schedule for now, when we move further away in April it’ll definitely adjust, but I still hope to run 3-5 days/week and get to the barn 5-6 days/week.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! New to your blog and playing catch up :)
    I also work 7-3 and it's a great riding schedule. I don't know how you run and ride in the same day though, usually by the time I get off work I can only muster enough energy for one activity: horse or dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I play the catch-up game and always wonder if I should comment on some post from the past. I'm glad you did, though for some reason I didn't get the notification (hence me taking forever to respond so sorry about that)!

      Running and riding the same day is definitely tough some days. Just last night I only squeaked out a couple miles because I was too tired. Emma-pup was no doubt disappointed in me. ;)

      Delete