Thursday, November 2, 2017

When to Call a Vet

     Horse friends are the best friends. I had people reach out to me about my blog post yesterday. I also reached out to horse friends (and my mom because you're never too old to ask you mom for advice). It's good to have friends tell you to trust your gut and you're not just a crazy overprotective horse-mom. I really appreciate all of the advice and encouragement to my second-guessing. It can be really hard to know when it's time to look further into things that are "not quite right".

     In the end, I do know my horse. The BM knows my horse. We both agree that he's not his normal self. So it's time to have the vet out. We'll start with simple things like blood work, a chem test to check some organs, and a fecal. Best case scenario everything will come back normal and he'll get back to normal on his own soon. Worst case scenario we'll find something serious, but I'd rather find something serious before it's showing serious symptoms.

     Trust your friends. Trust your gut. Trust your horse. Then hope they're all wrong and everything is OK.

2 comments: