Thursday, November 16, 2017

Updates

     Hello again all. It's been a minute. I am no longer working at my previous job and I don't start my new one until after Thanksgiving (I gave a vacation to myself) so I've not been on the computer lately. Mort is still struggling with being his normal self. We've done a couple of light lunge and bareback hack sessions. I don't want to really work him until we get whatever is bothering him figured out. Our next route is ulcers since his little head bob went away.

     Ulcers makes sense since studies have shown that about 80% of competition horses have them. Mort is on an ulcer supplement, but obviously most of those don't really have scientific studies behind them. We started noticing his changes soon after our show in the beginning of October, which could have been the trigger. Who knows?

     I've got a couple of tubes of Gastrogard on order. We'll give him a quarter of a tube/day. If his behavior goes back to normal with that masking the symptoms we'll have a good idea that ulcers are bothering him. Then I'll dish out a million dollars for a full treatment and research management for helping prevent future troubles.

     Other than that Mort is living the life of a spoiled pony. He gets cookies and love more than anything else. I've been super enjoying my time off with lots of pup and pony and TV time.

1 comment:

  1. Time off sounds wonderfulllll! Hopefully the ulcer stuff answers the problem and doesn't bankrupt you!

    ReplyDelete