Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Papers

     Mort and I had a couple of good rides this weekend.  Yesterday kinda sucked, but I'm just going to blame it on the 20 degree temperature drop and wind and hope for better tomorrow.  But the exciting news today is that I got Mort's registration papers yesterday!

     New Vocations is a rescue organization that, after a year of care, the horse officially transfers to the new owner (while many other rescue organizations never give you full ownership).  Now, this means that last July was when Mort became officially mine, but I had never asked for his papers.  I didn't exactly need them for my gelding showing intro level at local schooling shows.  However, with recognized shows in our future I need to get his USDF and USEF paperwork in order, so I reached out to New Vocations a couple weeks ago.

     Getting Mort's papers is really cool to me on two levels.  They have some neat information with them--his race and travel records along with his prices when he changed hands in his life.  But the second reason is that Mort is really and truly mine now.  His papers have my name on them and that's really cool to me.  I have never owned a horse before; they have always been my parents'.  Mort is mine.  Hopefully I can live up to the responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment