Monday, February 20, 2017

A Weekend With No Pony

     Ugh, it was a rough week last week.  I was battling being sick last week and Mort had a lot of time off. 

     I made it out to the barn on Friday evening and we did a short trail ride then worked in the arena.  He was OK.  I shouldn’t complain after so much time off, but he was reactive and inconsistent.  I’m sure I was riding like someone who felt sick so that probably wasn’t helping.  I had to drop a ton of his forward momentum more than once to really drive in that he did have to move off of my leg.  I noticed that more and more often his canter transitions are better; they are generally prompt and not too sassy these days.  That’s definitely a win and shows me that he’s getting stronger in his hind end. 

     This weekend had wonderful weather that Mort got to enjoy all on his own.  Steven and I drove to Indiana on Saturday to visit with my family’s old lab, Amy, as it was her time.  She had been a part of the family for 14.5 years and was a great dog.  I am glad that I got to see her one last time.


     We left Sunday morning and got to Missouri around noon.  We had lunch with the in-laws then went and picked up Emma from her weekend home.  We dropped her off at our home then drove to the hospital to visit with Steven’s grandpa (who had been admitted Saturday).  All-in-all we didn’t get back home until 5:30 or so.  We’re now very behind on house cleaning, laundry, groceries, etc.  Hopefully this week with its good weather will bring some needed horse time (and probably catching up on these other things).  In happier news, one of my sisters had her baby so I’m an aunt x2 now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment