Monday, October 16, 2017

My Non-Horsey Weekend

     Mort had the easiest week ever last week.  He got Monday off due to the show and all that.  It rained Tuesday and Wednesday so the ponies were stuck inside.  I hopped on him bareback for an easy ride Tuesday and let him run around in the indoor then lunged him on Wednesday.  My sister, Jess, was on her way down from Chicago so I quickly rushed home to clean my darn house. 

     I took a half day on Thursday (and took all of Friday off) and spent time hanging with the sister.  She did hop on him Friday afternoon for a walk about the property and he was a perfect pony.  She met Mort about a month or so after I first got him and was really surprised at how much he has relaxed and become such a calm boy.  Always good news coming from a person who hasn't seen him in a while. 

     Jess and I killed our half marathon on Saturday.  It was fairly warm and humid, but we ran every step.  Emma even joined us at mile three to run the next ten miles.  I think she had it in her to run the whole thing, but I was worried all of the crowds at the beginning would be stressful for her.  According to Steven, when we ran off and left her that was stressful too.  She got lots of compliments and came in first dog place (only pup running).  After our run we grabbed some local brews and a slice of pizza in downtown Columbia.  After a shower and a nap at home we spent time grilling, eating, and enjoying conversation. 

     Sunday morning started with no alarms and sleeping in.  It was wonderful as Steven and I haven't gotten a chance to do that in a couple of weekends.  We spent the morning eating breakfast at the local bakery and just relaxing.  It was a very non-horse weekend but I'm sure Mort enjoyed his time off and I get to check off another year's goal.  Spending time with family is never a bad thing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment