Sunday, May 29, 2016

Catching Up

Sorry to the five people who read my blog!  I definitely got caught up in the wedding/honeymoon and even though I've been back since Tuesday I have been trying to catch up and this is the first time I've been on my computer since about the 12th.  Today I'll give you all a brief catch-up.

Mort enjoyed his time off so much that the day after I was back he developed a small mysterious lump.  While he wasn't actually lame he also wasn't 100%.  So he enjoyed some cold hosing and lots of extra grazing the last few days.  Yesterday when I went out to see him the swelling was all gone, but the lump has sort of spread out.  I know that doesn't make much sense, but you'd just have to feel it.  Luckily his "off-ness" seems to have gone away with the swelling so today I plan on seeing how a light ride will go.  I'll try to update you sooner than two weeks from now!

 The lump

I'm hoping it continues to go away as we are supposed to be starting dressage lessons with Leah and Ruby this week.  I'm really excited to be able to take Mort out and about to more places and get him more and more used to traveling and different arenas.  I also have an ulterior motive of trying on some of the dressage saddles to see which types may fit him well.  The saddle search is becoming pretty real now that the wedding is all over and we might have money again soon (after that credit card bill is taken care of).  With the saddle search becoming more real I need to try to really sell my old one.  So if anyone is looking for a dressage or jumping saddle.....

Enjoy a few honeymoon pictures as an apology as to what took me so long to get back in gear.

Goats fighting in the road

Eilan Donan Castle 
 
Cliffs on the Isle of Skye

Sheep
 



No comments:

Post a Comment